They are a handful of water treatment companies in Ghana which have led to high demand for potable water.
Water is life and may exist in abundance, but access to potable water in some parts of Ghana seems to remain just a dream to those that need it.
The lack of potable water is a challenge experienced by residents in both rural and urban communities in Ghana but it is more prevalent and dire in the rural communities where some lack basic water facilities and others have to walk very long distances only to get to a contaminated source.
In some communities, they have to share their contaminated water source with animals like sheep and crocodiles.
There are so many diseases caused by contaminated water, cholera, dysentery, bilharzia, trachoma and many others. This goes a long way to affect the health, educational and economic well-being of the people in the community.
They use this water (streams) for drinking, washing, building and other construction activities. Some of the rural communities have within them hard water.
As a result of the lack of water in these disparate areas, farmers usually record the death of the farm produce and animals. Business owners are also affected as a result of spending long hours looking for water for domestic purposes, most of the water gotten is very polluted with mud and other pollutants.
A lot of work is still needed in Ghana about potable water. When even urban areas cannot boast of having potable water regularly then, you know that something is still needed to be done.
This is where water treatment comes into play,
According to Wikipedia,
“Water treatment is any process that improves the quality of water to make it appropriate for a specific end-use. The end use may be drinking, industrial water supply, irrigation, river flow maintenance, water recreation or many other uses, including being safely returned to the environment.”
The water treatment companies in Ghana are responsible for providing safe, potable and affordable water to the Ghanian citizens.
As earlier said, there are just a handful of water treatment companies in Ghana. So, apart from spreading awareness on the sustainable usage of water, more water treatment companies in Ghana are still needed.
Or, there should be more partnership with existing water treatment companies in Ghana with the Ghanian government to bring about the spread of potable water to every household, school and hospital.
With that being said, let’s look at 8 water treatment companies in Ghana.
8 Water Treatment Companies in Ghana
The following are 8 water treatment companies in Ghana:
- Aquasolve Water Technology
- Zesta environmental Solution Ltd.
- Krista Borehole Drilling Company
- Ghana Water Company Limited
- Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited (SSGL)
- Gaspi Water Services
- Vital Pac water company
1. Aquasolve Water Technology
Aquasolve Water Technology is one of the water treatment companies in Ghana. The company is a subsidiary of Universal Aqua Ghana Limited.
Having been in the water engineering and civil engineering business for over two decades, Aquasolve Water Technology has been able to start, complete and commission many successful water treatment and water engineering projects across West Africa.
Through the provision of complete borehole drilling and water purification packages, the company’s highly trained and experienced staff has been able to fully manage different client’s projects, from analyzing water quality requirements to designing with the latest software, assembling and performance of the water treatment system before installation.
These practices have enabled Aquasolve Water Technology to have little or no engineering mistakes during the process of pre and post-installation.
Through growth by learning from previous mistakes and computer-generated figures, Aquasolve has been able to complete efficiently the task and projects they embark on.
Before drilling for water, through the use of technologically improved systems, sites are surveyed for prospective points of adequate water, with our target of hitting the aquifer. They have a proven track record of delivering a high-quality service on time and to budget worthy to be trusted.
Being more than a decade in the drilling, water treatment and technology field, Aquasolve has with this decade experience as a small professional company to deliver safe, professional and cost-effective services for her clients.
The Aquasolve team comprises geologists, Geophysicists, Civil engineers, Water engineers, Electrical engineers, Plumbers, Electricians, and Masons. This is a company of professionals, everyone in the team is up to the task.
Aquasolve was formed to fill the gap in the water purification, filtration and treatment industry. They design and assemble treatment systems that are of the best industrial standards.
They associate with companies in Italy, the USA, Belgium, Germany, Korea, Japan, Denmark, China and India to deliver the best quality products. Products from Vontron, Nitto, Fortec, PurePro, Aquasolve and many more.
Some of Aquasolve’s projects include:
- Commercial Purification Systems: They design and assemble purification systems for commercial use, hydroponic, drinking water factories, restaurants, boilers.
- Mobile systems: They design and assemble mobile water treatment, Water Purification and Seawater Desalination systems that can be relocated on their mobile platforms such as enclosed truck trailers for vehicular towing, even to remote locations with no access to the electrical grid through optional solar- or fuel-driven power generators.
- Industrial Solutions: They provide advanced industrial filtration and water treatment systems and commercial RO systems.
- Water Treatment Chemicals: they offer a wide range of water treatment chemicals meant to tackle different problems.
- Residential Purification Systems: The company has a wide range of purification systems made specially to cater to the needs of residents. These systems are designed by experts at Aquasolve and assembled using the approved international standards.
- High Purity: Purified water is essential in laboratory environments, from clinical labs to university research centres, pharmaceutical research and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Water Treatment Materials
- Stainless Steel Tank Fabrication.
Their head office is at 14 Otano, Adjirinaganor, before Ability Square washing bay, East Legon. Accra. While, their workshop/warehouse is at 19 Asafoaste Street, Gono Avenue, ARS Ogbojo, East Legon. Accra.
2. Zesta Environmental Solutions Ltd.
Zesta Environmental Solutions Ltd. is one of the water treatment companies in Ghana. They provide bespoke and turnkey solutions to the various environmental issue.
Their services include:
Effluent/Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Reverse Osmosis Plant
- Sequential Batch Reactor
- Tubular UF/MF Membrane and Equipment
- Containerised WWTP
- Membrane Bioreactor (MBR)
- Anaerobic Filter Systems
- Anaerobic Baffled Reactor (ABR)
- Grease Traps
Sewage Treatment Systems
- Biogas digester
- Biofil Digester
- ABS Systems
Community Water Supply
- Borehole Drilling and Treatment
- Writing of Environmental Reports
- Office Cleaning
- Residential Cleaning
- Post-Construction Cleaning
- Move-in, move-out cleaning
- Post Event Cleaning
3. KRISTA BOREHOLE DRILLING COMPANY
KRISTA BOREHOLE DRILLING COMPANY is one of the water treatment companies in Ghana. This company is registered with its head office in Accra and branches all over the country.
Krista borehole is also involved in the provision of water for irrigation farming. They do engage in the drilling of boreholes with electric submersible pump installation.
Their mission is to make water available to everybody through the drilling borehole water.
Their services include:
- Borehole drilling and mechanisation with pumps
- Electrical pumps and solar pumps installation
- Repair of old boreholes and pumps
- Water treatment services
- Hydrogeophysical surveys
- Hydrofracking services to increase water
- Water quality test
- Pumping testing
- Borehole drilling project design
- Construction of water tank stands and platforms
- Borehole construction.
- Borehole pump installation.
- Community water borehole
- Commercial borehole
- Irrigation installation
- Maintenance service
Some of their borehole service areas in Ghana include Accra, Koforidua, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Takoradi, Nkawkaw, Tamale, Ho, Aburi, Akim Tafo, Somanya, Agona swedru, Tema, Kasoa, Tarkwa, Obuasi, Techiman, Sunyani, Wa, Bolgatanga.
Sonapra is one of the leading water treatment companies in Ghana. They specialise in the supply, installation and maintenance of water treatment equipment including water filtration systems capable of treating any type of water.
They are consulting firms with a major interest in Ghana water supply, borehole water, rain/river/seawater and tanker water, for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial use.
Sonapra partners with major multinationals such as Pentair Europe, Purepro USA, Vulcan Germany and some other consultants across the globe that help the company design unique water solutions for their clients.
They have a mission to find the smartest and most sustainable way of bringing this valuable resource to their clients.
Not just Ghana but the world faces an increasingly huge need for potable water as most of our water sources are contaminated with bacteria, viruses, parasites, sediments, salt and heavy metals.
They have a necessity that through their filtration systems, these contaminants are removed and the water becomes safe and potable for use.
A dream to be achieved is a dream that every Ghanaian has access to safe, affordable drinking water and they aspire to be Ghana’s one-stop-shop for all problems related to Water.
They desire not to just supply water treatment systems, leaving clients with the task of managing problems on their own that’s why they take responsibility for all their products and have a team of experienced technicians that ensure that these systems are regularly serviced and work efficiently.
They also provide for rural communities, schools and hospitals comprehensive turn-key water filtration projects so they as well can have access to safe and treated water, this is part of their quest to make the world a better place.
They even bring multinational corporations and charitable organizations to work with them in bringing into realisation these projects, their CSR and public health initiative campaign.
some of the services rendered by Sonapra include:
- Water Treatment Consulting
- Water treatment equipment and services
- Drinking water filtration systems
- Borehole drilling, decommissioning and rehabilitation
- Waste Water Treatment
- Maintenance and Repair Services
Some of the characteristics of Sonspra that have made the water treatment company to standout include:
- They are very ethical, trustworthy and customer-centric in business and they always look to find the highest quality and most affordable solutions for their clients.
- They have consultants in USA, France, Italy, Switzerland and India for complex projects that require a team.
- They have more than 15 years of experience in this field and have managed many large water treatment plants.
- They do free installations in Accra and Tema.
- They offer reliable after-sales services and maintenance contracts for all their products.
- They always have spare parts in stock.
5. Ghana Water Company Limited
Ghana Water Company Limited is one of the water treatment companies in Ghana. Ghana Water Company Limited is a utility company owned by the Ghanian government and is responsible for potable water supply to all urban communities in Ghana.
This water treatment company was established on the 1st of July, 1999 as Ghana Water and Sewerage Corporation was converted into a state-owned limited liability company under the Statutory Corporations (Conversion to Companies) Act 461 of 1993 as amended by LI 1648.
This was the first public water supply system in Ghana established just before World war 1 and went by the name Gold Coast.
The other systems that form the Ghana Water Company Limited were built specifically for other urban areas including the colonial capital of Cape Coast, Winneba and Kumasi in the 1920s.
Then, the supply of water through the water systems was managed by the Hydraulic Division of the Public Works Department.
As time went on, the Hydraulic Division included the planning of water supply systems in other parts of the country amongst its responsibilities.
Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) is in charge of eighty-eight (88) urban water supply systems in the country producing about eight hundred and seventy-one thousand, four hundred and ninety-six cubic meters (871,496m3) per day (192 million gallons per day) on the average.
While the current demand for potable water in Ghana is about one million, one hundred and thirty-one thousand, eight hundred and eighteen point eighteen cubic meters (1,131,818.18m3) per day (249 million per day).
That means the urban water supply coverage is 77%. GWCL serves 748,570 customers making up 77% of which 86% of them are metered and 14% of them are not metered.
After much deliberation in the reorganisation of Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) resulting in the merging of Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) and the Ghana Urban Water Limited (GUWL) in 2013,
The Special Business Unit (SPU) was established with a major aim to set up a water bottling plant amongst other agendas.
The Special Business Unit (SPU) was later replaced by the Business Development Unit (BDU) with the agenda of developing a water packaging business for Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL). this project started in November 2017 and the Commercial production and sales started in December 2018.
6. Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited (SSGL)
Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited (SSGL) is one of the water treatment companies in Ghana.
Being a limited liability company that was incorporated under the laws of Ghana in July 2012, the Engineering and Construction Company has its focus on the provision of efficient liquid waste treatment.
As a Ghanaian company, Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited (SSGL) has built two new faecal treatment plants (Lavender Hill Faecal Treatment Plant – Near the Korle Lagoon and the Kotoku Faecal Treatment Plant – Adjen Kotoku) and rehabilitated the Mudor Sewerage Treatment Plant also at James Town.
The company has engaged and trained a diligent and dedicated workforce to use technological innovations that are environmentally friendly to achieve environmental sustainability.
Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited (SSGL) look forward to doing business with most of the Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in Ghana and they are working towards building similar plants in other parts of Africa.
Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited (SSGL) strives as its main target to bring satisfaction to their clients and stakeholders that is why they put much effort in building long-lasting and closer relationships with governments, regulators, local authorities and the communities at large.
The mission of Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited is to provide efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly treatment of liquid waste in Ghana and its neighbours.
To achieve the vision of being the pacesetters in the treatment of sewage and faecal sludge in west Africa, Sewerage Systems Ghana Limited try to inculcate the values of Godliness and faith, Teamwork, Integrity, Service Excellence, Accountability, Safe Operations in their workforce.
Their Goals and Objectives
- To acquire, rehabilitate and reconstruct the Lavender Faecal Treatment Plant, the Accra Sewerage Treatment Plant (otherwise known as Mudor Wastewater Treatment Plant).
- To design, build and operate the Kotoku Faecal Treatment Plant.
- To design, build and operate the lavender hill faecal treatment plant.
- To design, build and operate similar plants in other MMDAs in Ghana and other West African countries.
- To ensure that the Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) of all Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) where the company operates can eventually be independent of donors’ financial support and thus be financially sustainable, if the potential revenue from households, agricultural users and government is realized.
- To ensure that FSM can be made an integral part of a sustainable ecological sanitation (ecosan) approach.
- Maximize return on investment.
7. Gaspi Water Services
Gaspi Water Services is one of the water treatment companies in Ghana. They specialise in the creation of personalised branded drinking water for all occasions. They also produce dispenser bottled water for delivery to different homes and institutions.
They do door delivery in Accra, Tema, Kasoa and provide a variety of branded bottled water to their clients.
8. Vital Pac water company
Vital Pac Water Company is one of the water treatment companies in Ghana. They focus mainly on the purification of water and supply to their clients. This water treatment/purification company is located at Samanea Road, Last stop, Dansoman, Accra, Ghana.