This article gives the list of the 106 best environment management courses online. You can simply take these courses from the comfort of your home.
Anyone desirous to know about the environment can enroll in any of these environmental management courses online.
Knowledge about the environment is a necessity for all. It is as important as knowing our human body. All processes that take place in the environment affect us in one way or the other. These include manufacturing processes, maintenance of infrastructure, disposal of waste, and provision of services. Even the raw materials used in satisfying our needs are extracted from the environment.
Table of Contents
What is Environmental Management?
Environmental management is the application of management principles in solving environmental problems. These management tools include planning tools, controlling tools, allocating tools, directing tools, supervising tools, and delegating tools.
Generally, examples of these environmental management tools are environmental policies, environmental management systems (EMS), eco balances, environmental reporting, lifecycle assessment, auditing, environmental charters, etc.
Environmental management can be applied in our individual lives, industrial activities, day-to-day business, and national and global levels. A company can apply environmental management in reducing the volume of waste released into the environment through its activities.
Can I Learn Environmental Management Online?
Yes, you can learn environmental management courses online. There are a lot of them available to you at every level. There are environmental management courses online that are suitable for undergraduates, postgraduate students, policymakers, government officials, lecturers, consultants, etc.
At every stage of learning, there are environmental management courses online that you can take. There are courses for beginners, courses for learners in the intermediate and advanced stages.
Importance of Online Environmental Management Courses
- Learning at self-pace
- More Knowledge with less money
- Learn according to your budget
- Lifetime access on mobile network
- Reduced running cost of business activities
- Compliance with regulations
- Reduced environmental risks
Learning environmental management courses online provides you with an opportunity to learn from real-world experts.
Imagine having to take courses from dons in the field of environmental management. These real-world experts may not be available to you in your local institution but with the aid of the internet, you can learn from the best anywhere in the world.
Learning at a Self-pace
Another importance of learning environmental management courses online is that you will have the luxury of learning at your own pace. This is very important because, with learning at your pace, you can take each lesson as much as your brain can understand at a time. You can also fix your classes to suit your busy daily schedule.
More Knowledge with Less Money
When you learn environmental management courses online, you can take as many courses as you wish to as long as you can afford them. You don’t have to spend years, time, transportation fare to acquire a certificate in the desired field.
Learn According to yo your Budget
Taking environmental management courses online gives students the privilege of choosing among a wide range of varieties, a course or courses they can afford.
Lifetime Access on Mobile Network
Taking environmental management courses online students unlimited access to course content. This is because these courses are always available on the internet.
Reduced Cost of Business Activities
Knowledge and application of environmental management by businesses in areas such as manufacturing processes, waste disposal, sourcing of raw materials, infrastructure, packaging, and transportation will reduce running costs for them. It has been proven by industries that improving environmental performance reduces costs.
Compliance with Regulations
Environmental management courses enlighten whoever takes them about legislation guiding environmental aspects. This solves the problem of ignorance in the lives of those exposed to such courses. When the knowledge gotten from these courses is applied, we automatically carry out activities in compliance with legislative standards. This also improves the relationship of citizens, businesses, and governments with regulators.
Reduced Environmental Risk
Added: Risk assessment is an aspect of environmental management. A company taking a course on this enables them to understand how to carry out a risk assessment before deciding on a project or process to take. With this, low-risk projects and processes replace those that could have adverse effects on the environment.
106 Best Environmental Management Courses Online
There are a whole lot of environmental management courses you can take online. These courses can be on environmental problems, solutions, environmental regulations, and policies, etc. Topics can be on climate change, wastewater treatment, solid waste management, air pollution, sustainable development goals, natural disaster management, sustainable agriculture, freshwater management, etc.
Online environmental management courses like every other online course have a duration that runs from hours into years. Minimum of 5 hours and maximum of two years.
Before you decide on which of the environmental management courses you will take, it is important to consider some factors. Consideration should be made on the following factors:
How long are you willing to take these courses and how much time are you willing to put into them? Are you looking for short-term courses or long-term courses? If you are already undergoing an undergraduate degree program in an institution, it is advisable to go for short-term courses that you can devote your time to. Make the right choice.
How much is your budget? Some courses are free, for some, there are scholarship offers. For others, you might have to pay for the full course or your certificate. Most undergraduate and postgraduate courses will require your payment of certain fees. You also have the option of applying for a full or partial scholarship.
For those environmental management courses online that are offered by universities, your tutors will be lecturers from those universities. For those available on online learning platforms such as Udemy, tutors might be individuals, university staff, or members, etc. To ascertain the proficiency of tutors handling your environmental management courses online, you can make brief background research on them.
Selecting a field of study depends on your area of interest.
Here are some fields you can choose courses from
- Climate change
- Sustainable development
- Environmental management tools
- Solid Waste Management
- Renewable energy
- Environmental modeling
- Pollution control
Climate change can be said to be the most popular environmental problem. Scientific bodies, environmental agencies; both governmental and non-governmental all over the world are seeking ways to address this problem. Taking a course on climate change will keep you in a good spot in solving the most prevalent environmental problems.
Sustainable development is a core aspect of environmental management. It is the use of resources in ways that will meet the needs of the present and future generations.
Environmental Management Tools
There are a lot of policies, guidelines, regulatory standards, etc guiding environmental aspects and the use of certain environmental resources. These are collectively referred to as environmental management tools. They are set on international and national levels. Taking environmental management courses online on these management tools will be very beneficial to policymakers.
Solid Waste Management
Solid Waste Management is a great challenge in urban and rural areas, developing and developed countries, cities, and the countryside. It is an ideal course for one seeking environmental management courses online.
Renewable energy is a solution to the problems associated with fossil fuel-generated energy and energy generated from other non-renewable sources.
Below is a list of the top environmental management courses you can take online
1. Building Climate Resilience through Ecosystem-based Adaptation Planning
2. Mastering National Adaptation Plans: from Start to Finish
3. An Introduction to Climate Change and Human Rights
4. Introductory Course on Energy Efficient Ship Operation
5. Climate Change Negotiations and Health
6. Climate Change, Peace and Security: Understanding Climate-Related Security Risks Through an Integrated Lens
7. Climate Change: From Learning to Action
8. Integrating Climate Risk Information into NAPs
9. Fundamentals on REDD+
10. Advancing on REDD+
11. Introductory e-Course on Climate Change
12. Open Online Course on Gender and Environment
13. Climate Change International Legal Regime
14. Carbon Taxation
15. Children and Climate Change
16. Cities and Climate Change
17. Human Health and Climate Change
18. Financing Local Adaptation to Climate Change: an Introduction to Performance-Based Climate Resilience Grants
19. Finding the Money – Financing Climate Action
20. Making the Right Choices – Prioritizing Adaptation Options
21. Climate Information and Services
22. Integrated planning for climate change and biodiversity.
23. Keeping the Taps Running in a Changing Climate
24. Climate Policy and Public Finance
25. Climate Responsive Budgeting
26. How to Review IPCC Assessment Reports: Webinars and Guidance for Climate Experts
27. Green Economy
28. Introduction to Green Economy
29. Green Transition in Eastern Partnership Countries
30. Green Industrial Policy: Promoting Competitiveness and Structural Transformation
31. Sustainable Consumption and Production in Africa
32. Introduction to Sustainable Finance
33. Sustainable Diet
34. Indicators for an inclusive green economy: Introductory course
35. Green Economy and Trade
36. Green Fiscal Policy
37. Indicators for an inclusive green economy: Advanced course
Visit https://www.unitar.org/free-and-open-courses to take the courses above.
38. Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries – Policy and Legal Implementation
39. This course covers topics on the following
40. EAF legal requirements
41. International and national policy and legal instruments relevant for an EAF
42. How to assess the alignment of the policy and legal instruments with an EAF
43. Designing an EAF implementation roadmap
44. Managing climate risks through social protection
45. Sustainable food systems: Concept and framework
Visit FAO at https://elearning.fao.org FAO eLearning Academy to take the above courses and more.
46. Solid Waste Management
47. Green Industrial Policy.
48. Resource Efficiency
49. Environmental SDG Indicators
50. Implementing the Child-Friendly Cities Initiative (CFCI) (Basics)
51. Introduction to Results-Based Climate Finance (RBCF)
52. Monitoring and Evaluation of Climate Mitigation Initiatives
53. Climate Change: From Learning to Action
54. Water: Addressing the Global Crisis
55. United Nations SDG 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation
56. Climate Change: The Science and Global Impact
57. Finding the Money – Financing Climate Action
58. Hydropower Projects
59. United Nations SDG 14 – Life Below Water
60. Air Pollution – a Global Threat to our Health
61. The benefits of Geospatial: Socio-economic impact assessment
62. Investing in Quality Infrastructure for a Green, Inclusive and Resilient Recovery
63. Watershed Management Knowledge & Learning Platform
64. e-Learning course on Smart City
65. Climate Resilient Transport in Small Island Developing States
66. Strengthening Geospatial Information Management: Using the Integrated Geospatial Information Framework
67. Water Utility Financing (Self-paced)
68. Integrated Urban Flood Risk Management (IUFRM)
69. Passive Urban Cooling Solutions.
These courses are available on https://olc.worldbank.org/
70. Global Environmental Management
71. Environmental Management & Ethics
72. Environmental Management: Social-ecological Systems
73. The Science Advisory Toolbox for Environmental Management
74. Innovative Environmental Management Models: Case Studies and Applications
75. Environmental Management for Sustainability
76. ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management system
77. Environmental Challenges: Justice in Natural Resource Management
78. A Look at Environmental and Social Risk Management in Projects Financed by the IDB
These courses are available on Class Central at https://www.classcentral.com/tag/environmental-management
79. Air Dispersion Modeling for Environmental Management
80. Data Science and Statistics for Environmental Professionals
81. Environmental Science & Hazardous Waste Management Course
82. Learn how to calculate Carbon Footprint
83. How to implement ISO 14001 in your organization
84. Environmental and Ecology Management
85. Introduction to Plastic Poll
86. E-Waste Management
87. Types of Pollution in Environment
Visit https://www.udemy.com/ to enroll in these courses.
88. Introduction to Sustainability
89. Environmental Safety
90. Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy
91. Act on Climate: Steps to Individual, Community, and Political Action
92. Global Environmental Management
93. Exploring Renewable Energy Schemes
94. Human Health Risks, Health Equity, and Environmental Justice
95. Circular Economy – Sustainable Materials Management
96. Sustainable Tourism – promoting environmental public health
97. Environmental Management & Ethics
98. Geospatial and Environmental Analysis
99. Environmental Hazards and Global Public Health
100. Renewable Energy: Resources and Technologies
101. Electric Vehicles and Mobility
1022. Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries
103. Dairy Production and Management
104. Sustainable Agricultural Land Management
105. Introduction to Faecal Sludge Management
106. Water Resources Management and Policy
107. Disaster Preparedness
108. Sustainability of Social-Ecological Systems: the Nexus between Water, Energy, and Food
109. The Age of Sustainable Development
110. Exploring Our Responses to Climate Change
101. The Effect of Fires on People, Property and the Environment
102. International Water Law
103. Climate Adaptation in Africa
104. Introduction to Indoor Air Quality
105. Planning & Design of Sanitation Systems and Technologies
106. Introduction to Household Water Treatment and Safe Storage
These courses are available on https://www.coursera.org/courses?query=environmental
What is an environmental management course?
An environmental management course is a set of classes on any of the environmental management principles or tools.
How long does it take to complete an environmental management course online?
There is no specific timeframe. However, courses are covered within hours and other years
- Importance of Eco Education in Schools
- Top 9 Eco-Friendly Companies in Canada
- 5 Top Universities for Environmental Engineering
- 21 Best Free Online Health and Safety Courses with Certificates
- The Top 10 NGOs Working for Environmental Protection
- Top 20 Climate Change Activist Groups
- 8 Ways To Utilize Vegetable Waste – Environmental Management Approach
- HOW TO CURB THE CONTINUOUS ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION AS A RESULT OF OIL POLLUTION
- Best 11 Environmentally Friendly Farming Methods
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment Process | PDF