College students can apply for agriculture scholarships and financial help. Agriculture is a never-ending and unending domain. For African students, there are various agriculture scholarships available.
They might be foreign or domestic, and they range from undergraduate to doctoral studies. We provide information about agricultural scholarships for African students on this page.
Table of Contents
Agricultural Scholarships for African Students
- FCDO Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for International Students
- CRV AmBreed International Scholarships in New Zealand
- CSC Shared Scholarship for Commonwealth Country Students at the University of Lincoln, UK
- Kader Asmal Fellowship for South African Students in Ireland
- Australian Native Seaweed for Diet Diversification Ph.D. Scholarship
- Walailak University PhD Excellent Scholarship for International Students in Thailand
- Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme in Ireland
- African Plant Nutrition Institute Scholarship
- Australia Awards Africa Scholarship program
- Marshal Papworth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship for Developing Countries
- Chevron Nigeria Limited JV Scholarship Awards / Schemes
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Canada Arrell Food Institute Scholarship
- Africa University Financial Assistance
- TIAA-CREF Ruth Simms Hamilton Research Fellowship (Social Science–African Diaspora)
- Passport to Careers in Agriculture Scholarships Program
- MPOWER Financing – Monthly Scholarships for International Students
1. FCDO Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for International Students
The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) under six CSC development topics. The program is designed to assist international students who cannot afford to study in the United Kingdom for the academic year.
Candidates from poor and middle-income Commonwealth nations who desire to study full-time for a taught master’s degree at a UK university are eligible to apply. Commonwealth Scholarships are available in any field of science or technology, including agriculture, veterinary science, and forestry.
2. CRV AmBreed International Scholarships in New Zealand
CRV AmBreed is funding the CRV AmBreed Scholarship for international and domestic students to support their academic year at Massey University.
The purpose of this fellowship is to assist students with agricultural interests by providing them with the chance to learn about dairy production systems in Europe. Students who apply for this program will attain their professional goals while also learning the intricacies of the agriculture field.
3. CSC Shared Scholarship for Commonwealth Country Students at the University of Lincoln, UK
Do you want to study MSc Agri-food Technology in the UK? Apply for the CSC Shared Scholarship to study MSc Agri-food Technology for the academic year to get your academic career started.
To educate students for a career in one of the world’s major sectors, the University of Lincoln is offering a full scholarship opportunity. The program’s purpose is to assist overseas students from Commonwealth countries who cannot afford to study in the UK without financial assistance.
4. Kader Asmal Fellowship for South African Students in Ireland
The Kader Asmal Fellowship program for higher education in Ireland is being presented by the Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in collaboration with the Canon Collins Trust. South African participants who intend to pursue a master’s degree at one of Ireland’s universities can take advantage of the free education program.
Canon Collins Trust has been assisting high-quality graduates to become the next generation of legal researchers, attorneys, and social activists since 1981. It also includes access to primary and secondary education.
Why are you participating in this educational program? Candidates in this program will have the option to study at one of Ireland’s top universities. It provides a fully-funded prize that will be useful for pursuing studies in Ireland.
5. Australian Native Seaweed for Diet Diversification PhD Scholarship
The scholarship allows you to concentrate on your career aspirations. As a result, the University of Queensland in Australia is giving the Australian Native Seaweed for Diet Diversification PhD Scholarship.
The program is open to both Australian and international students and seeks to help with living expenses while pursuing a Ph.D. at UQ. Participants at UQ will have numerous opportunities to develop their personalities in light of the digital environment. It also provides a range of degree levels.
6. Walailak University PhD Excellent Scholarship for International Students in Thailand
If you are a high-achieving student looking to change your future, you can apply for the PhD Excellent Scholarship for International Students at Thailand’s Walailak University. The prize is accessible to all qualified individuals who wish to pursue PhD degree coursework in the aforementioned subjects during the current session.
Candidates can obtain a complete and vibrant university experience while also developing strong international linkages to advance knowledge at this university. It offers information on various occupations and related courses.
7. Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme in Ireland
The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is offering an exceptional Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme that will allow you to pursue higher study at a prominent higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
The Ireland-Africa award program is open to citizens of Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade manages Irish Aid, which strives to eliminate poverty, hunger, and humanitarian need in Sub-Saharan Africa.
This program provides you with the opportunity to pursue your further education at a higher educational institute in Ireland, as well as great funding for your education and career development needs.
8. African Plant Nutrition Institute Scholarship
The Africa Plant Nutrition Institute is awarding 10 $2,000 scholarships to eligible African graduate students studying plant nutrition and nutrient management in crops. Unlike many other scholarships that are paid directly to the institution, this one is made straight to the student, with no specific tasks expected of the recipient.
Another advantage is that they will not consider any previous assistantships, scholarships, or awards that the student currently has. Candidates must be enrolled at a degree-granting institution in Africa.
9. Australia Awards Africa Scholarship program
This is one of the Australian Government’s agriculture scholarships for African students. The scholarship combines Master’s, Fellowship, and Short Course programs to help students develop skills and competencies in critical fields.
The fellowship was also created to help students enhance their abilities in areas such as agriculture and food security, climate change and adaptation, renewable energy, mining governance, and combatting terrorism and violent extremism. The scholarship winners will get full tuition, return air tickets, a contribution to living expenses, and a variety of other benefits.
10. Marshal Papworth Scholarships for Developing Countries
Marshal Papworth’s two scholarship programs enable students from developing nations to obtain the agricultural and horticultural skills required to create a sustainable future for themselves and their communities.
Masters program – A one-year Master’s Degree in agriculture or horticulture at a university in the United Kingdom. Papworth, Marshal 10-week short course – A 10-week practical and experiential program to equip rural changemakers.
11. ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship for Developing Countries
According to an agreement for the advancement of science in developing countries between the Alliance of International Science Organisations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO), up to 40 students/scholars from developing countries will be sponsored to study for doctoral degrees in China for up to four years.
12. Chevron Nigeria Limited JV Scholarship Awards / Schemes
Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is presenting several University Scholarship Awards to appropriately eligible Nigerian students from all states of the Federation in partnership with its Joint Venture (JV) partner, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC).
The scholarship program is a key component of our strategic social investment in Nigeria’s educational development.
13. DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme for Sub-Saharan Africa
The Sub-Saharan Africa In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme is open to citizens and/or permanent residents of Sub-Saharan Africa to study at chosen universities in Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Interested students can pursue master’s or doctoral degrees in fields such as public and environmental health, geomatics, engineering, natural sciences, agriculture, mathematics, and social sciences.
14. Canada Arrell Food Institute Scholarship
This is a partially financed scholarship of up to $50,000 per year for a Master’s or Ph.D. program in Agriculture and food at the University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Students who are interested in Agriculture and Food should apply for the Canada Arrell Food Institute Scholarship.
15. Africa University Financial Assistance
To make higher education more accessible to African youths, Africa University, conscious of the low-income position of the ordinary African family, provides money to worthy students to aid with the payment of their University tuition.
This support is awarded by the University’s Financial Aid Committee. The support is given based on merit, need, and character, and it is divided into two categories: financial aid and scholarships.
16. TIAA-CREF Ruth Simms Hamilton Research Fellowship (Social Science–African Diaspora)
The TIAA-CREF Ruth Simms Hamilton Research Fellowship was established to honor the late Dr. Ruth Simms Hamilton, a former Michigan State University professor and TIAA Trustee, and her great achievements.
Fellowships are given to one or more graduate students researching the African Diaspora who are enrolled in a social science program at an accredited college or university in the United States. The fellowships are given based on an objective panel of judges’ appraisal of submissions.
17. Passport to Careers in Agriculture Scholarships Program
Prairie View A&M University offers agricultural scholarships to both industrialized and underdeveloped countries such as Africa. Applicants must be entering full-time undergraduate students in the College of Agriculture and Human Sciences; incoming freshmen are given priority. They must also have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
18. MPOWER Financing – Monthly Scholarships for International Students
MPOWER Financing is a leading provider of financial aid such as scholarships and loans, and they also offer monthly scholarships to overseas students from various nations. This year, they are offering $48,000 to 36 international students to help them fund their educational goals.
They always present a different scholarship that overseas students will apply for on the first day of each month; it is recommended to subscribe to their student Newsletter to be aware of any financial aid.
Most African and developing-country students do not always have enough money to pay for their education, let alone continue their studies abroad. However, we feel that this list of agricultural scholarships for African students can assist to alleviate some of that financial strain.
- 9 Water Engineering Scholarship for Developing Countries
- Free Scholarships For Nigerians to study in the UK
- Scholarship In Environmental Engineering Abroad
- Climate Justice Scholarship For Only Environmental Students
- Scholarships for Environmental Studies: Empowering Students to Make a Difference
A passion-driven environmentalist by heart. Lead content writer at EnvironmentGo.
I strive to educate the public about the environment and its problems.
It has always been about nature, we ought to protect not destroy.